License Agreement for GPOPS-II
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
BEFORE PROCEEDING TO DOWNLOAD GPOPS-II
This page constitutes the official license for the General-Purpose Pseudospectral Optimal Control Software (hereafter referred to as “The Software” or “GPOPS-II”). By downloading, using, modifying, or distributing GPOPS-II you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions described in this license. Do not proceed with the download of GPOPS-II if you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions in this agreement.
Agreement to Properly Cite GPOPS-II
in Any Research Performed Using the Software
All user's of GPOPS-II agree that they will properly cite GPOPS-II in any publications that are written where the results are obtained using the software. The proper and only citation for GPOPS-II is as follows:
Patterson, M. A. and Rao, A. V., "GPOPS-II: A MATLAB Software for Solving Multiple-Phase Optimal Control Problems Using hp-Adaptive Gaussian Quadrature Collocation Methods and Sparse Nonlinear Programming", ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, Vol. 41, No. 1., October 2014, pp. 1:1 - 1:37.
License Agreement for University of Florida or State of Florida Use of GPOPS-II
The University of Florida and any State of Florida entity have a royalty-free license for use of GPOPS-II for research purposes internal to the institution. The University of Florida and State of Florida license rules for GPOPS-II are as follows:
- The Software may be used at only a University of Florida or State of Florida facility and is strictly for University of Florida or State of Florida use.
- The Software may not be distributed outside of the University of Florida or the State of Florida.
License Agreement for Academic, Not-for-Profit, U.S. Government,
or Commercial Institution Use of GPOPS-II
If you are employed by an academic, not-for-profit, U.S. Government, or commercial institution, the download and use of GPOPS-II requires a licensing fee. These fees, including instructions to pay via credit card, can be found at http://www.gpops.org/Purchase/Purchase.html. The academic, not-for-profit, and commercial licensing rules include are given as follows:
- The Software may only be used in-house by the licensee (that is, individual, department, U.S. Government, or university)
- Academic licenses must be used for academic research and classroom teaching only
- The Software may may not be redistributed beyond that of the licensee (that is, individual, department, university, Government, or not-for-profit institution) for which the license has been granted
- The Software may not be reverse-engineered in any form whatsoever
- The Software may only be used during the licensing period for which the license is granted.
- The license to use the software by the licensee may be revoked by the licensor at any time without prior notification by the licensor.
- The licensor may, at the sole discretion of the licensor, refuse to grant a license to any individual or institution (with the exception of individuals employed by the State of Florida or institutions that are part of the State of Florida).
All users can register to obtain either a trial license, a royalty-free University of Florida license, or a royalty-free State of Florida license by clicking here to register. Academic, not-for-profit, U.S. Government, and commercial users can purchase a license for GPOPS-II by clicking on the link below.
DISCLAIMER: GPOPS-II is general-purpose software and is provided “as-is” with no warranties of any kind and no merchantability or fitness for any purpose or application. By downloading or using GPOPS-II you assume all liability for any use of GPOPS-II and agree to hold harmless the authors or the resellers of GPOPS-II. Furthermore, you may not recover any damages for any reason whatsoever.
Image Courtesy of NASA.